Thursday, May 19, 2016
Office 365 Provides Comprehensive Monitoring
If your business uses Microsoft Office 365, you have the ability to monitor accounts associated with your software. This means you can be alerted to a whole host of suspicious activity that may be occurring.
Management Through M/S Office 365
Monitoring Office 365 accounts can be done through the Operations Management Suite (OMS)
. With it, you can:
- Keep track of administrator activities for configuration changes and other operations that require high-level privileges
- Monitor activities of Office 365 user activities that will give you a good idea of usage patterns and behavioral trends
- Detect unwanted suspicious user behavior, such as login attempts and password resets
- Monitor the access of files, which can be a tremendous help in demonstrating auditing and compliance requirements
Different Types of Data in OMS
The data that’s collected for Office 365 is divided into different sections.
- Operations This gives you information on active users on your monitored subscriptions. You’ll be able to take a look at the number of activities that occur over a specific period of time.
- SharePoint Here, you’ll be able to see the top activities performed on SharePoint documents – including the document in question and its associated account.
- Azure Active Directory This section stores activities such as login attempts and reset user password efforts.
Customization and Alerts with M/S Office 365
With the OMS, you can fine-tune your organization’s needs and set up alerts for your attention. While the OMS already comes with a myriad of search capabilities, you can go deeper into the weeds with more than 50 fields for different M/S Office assignments. In identifying specific M/S Office alerts, the OMS will provide the IP address that’s used to perform the action in question – regardless if the action originates from within our outside of your business.
C3IT Solutions Can Help You with M/S Office 365 OMS
As you can see, business owners have a lot of power at their fingertips with the OMS for Office 365. To learn more about all of its benefits and how it can help your business, get in touch with the professionals here at C3IT Solutions
. Our number is 800-728-1441 or you can send us an email