There are several possible uses for cloud computing applications and software that are likely to become important in 2016. Here are the experts' predictions for the coming year regarding cloud computing:
1) Hybrid clouds will become foundational to infrastructure. The hybrid will likely become the norm for infrastructures in 2016. This multi-cloud environment will allow user to access the largest range of data and applications.
2) Security will be a top priority. Businesses considering a move to the cloud often list security as a top concern. As cloud usage continues to grow, security will continue to be one of the most important factors in the success or failure of any cloud-based service or software.
3) Cloud-native apps will rise in popularity. While cloud-based infrastructure has been the focus until now, experts predict that cloud-native apps are the next wave of important changes in cloud computing. "Time-based analytics, omni-channel support, and microservice support" are going to be the focus of much development in the coming year, according to the latest predictions.
4) Entering the cloud will be easier than ever. Enterprise organizations will find more and more workarounds to compliance regulations that will allow them to enter the cloud more easily.
5) Containers will become more mainstream. "Containers" refers to the technology that connects microservices under a single type of maintenance umbrella. These platforms will become more mainstream as more enterprises move to the cloud.
6) Data will move to the cloud. More and more companies will begin to see the benefits of cloud storage, especially for large amounts of data. This will result in a huge push for cloud data storage; in fact, the cloud storage market is expected to grow from $18.87 billion this year to $65.41 billion by 2020.
7) IoT will gain momentum. IoT refers to the "Internet of Things," a network of physical objects featuring an IP address for connectivity. This allows discrete, concrete objects to be included in the networks that make up the Internet through RFID and other means. This technology will continue to grow in the coming year.
8) Cloud platforms will become hyper-converged. Hyper-convergence means that large companies that provide cloud platforms will work together to make these platforms more accessible to a larger number of people.If you have questions about how cloud computing can benefit your company, contact C3IT today. We can help you choose the best resources to improve your productivity.