Thursday, August 4, 2016
How to Select a CRM for Your Business
If you’re doing business with more than even a handful of customers, a customer relationship management (CRM) system is definitely for you. But how do you select the right CRM for your business? In this article, we’ll give you a few tips for doing just that.
- Get a comprehensive understanding of what your needs are. Among your team members (sales managers, salespeople, marketers, etc.), who will need access to the data? You should also try to get a feel for exactly what you want the chosen CRM to do. Do you need it for document storage, sales tracking, and identifying new opportunities or something else entirely?
- How easily can you get to the data? The way that a CRM imports and exports data is among the most important – yet overlooked – features of a CRM solution. Specifically, you should be able to review the types of files that the CRM can import, how the data is mapped (automatically or manually) and also how data errors are handled.
- Does it play well with other programs? Because many businesses rely upon programs like Quickbooks, Shopify, and Wufoo Forms, it’s important to get a handle on just how a CRM will integrate or work with other programs.
Of course, it’s perfectly normal for a CRM to be a standalone component and not even need to integrate.
- Should it be in the cloud or hosted on-site? Depending on how your IT department is set up, it may be in your best interest to host the CRM on your own servers. This gives you full access to the data and more control over the implementation. Keep in mind that cloud solutions are typically priced based upon the number of contacts or users who will have access to it. If your sales team is large, it can get pricey.
- Can you customize it? While CRM default fields may work for some businesses, they may not work for yours. Think about what information you and your team will need to enter for a contact, and whether or not a selected CRM will allow for customized fields.
C3IT Can Help Your Business With Selection and Implementation of a CRM
We fully believe in the power of CRMs and how they can transform a business’s success. Call C3IT Solutions
at 800-728-1411 or get in touch with an email so that we can help you realize all the benefits of CRM.